Roles & responsibilities:
- As a SQL Server Database Admin you will primarily provide physical database support for SQL Server databases, ensuring the integrity and availability of the database. You are responsible for monitoring, analysis, and performance tuning at both the system and application levels in addition to providing support for other Databases (like Netezza, Sybase, etc)
- As part of the SQL Database Administration team, you will work with a team who is responsible for critical Tier-1 and Tier 2 systems that utilize high availability solutions, including clustering, database monitoring, Always On, log shipping, and database replication features. You will help to ensure that all solutions of application and business issues are secure, compliant, and adhere to the minimum security.
- You will utilize your knowledge and experience with security, backup, recovery, and archiving to made recommendations regarding process improvements for logical and physical data structures. You will forecast long-range requirements for database administration, while documenting the database environment and support processes.
- Administration, Installations, Migrations, Patching, Backup and Recovery to provide 24x7 Production Support.
- Monitoring and analyzing SQL Server Logs and Application logs.
- Creation and maintenance of Databases, creating Roles and managing user permissions, resolving deadlocks.
- Worked on Database Maintenance, Backups and Recovery Plans.
- Database Monitoring, Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Backup/Recovery, Security Management.
- Worked on AlwaysOn, Replication, Log Shipping related issues.
- Performed Windows patching.
- Strong working experience in creating, modifying tables, Index (Cluster/Non-Cluster), Developed Different Maintenance Plans for database monitoring, table partitioning.
- Monitor Server Activity using third party software’s, and solving problems as needed.
- Administering databases in development, test and production environment.
- Automation using PowerShell scripts.
- 6+ years experience in the Information Technology (IT) field.
- Experience working as a SQL Server Database Administrator, including experience at the design, operational, and system levels.
- Ability to support 24*7 rotating shifts which includes weekends
- Experience with MS SQL Server including:
- Working knowledge of MS SQL Server 2016 or higher
- On-prem and cloud SQL Server implementations
- MS SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Profiler, SSIS ,Reporting Services, Clustering, Always On
- Experience with database administration including:
- Performance tuning
- PowerShell integration for batch and automation
- Design and implementation of SQL Server Disaster Recovery to meet defined business objectives
- Good to have other database knowledge like Netezza, Sybase
- Healthcare experience.
- Windows and Microsoft Office knowledge.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to document technical as well as management process flows
MBI Digital is a future-forward, future-ready, full canvas IT Services & Digital Transformation company. We are System and Organization Controls (SOC) 2 Certified Firm.
MBI as the company is ushering in cutting-edge digital transformation for Fortune 1500 clients. MBI Digital was founded in 2010 as a Managed Services firm. HQ in Austin Texas, our 150+ Onshore/Offshore technology consultants, now deliver a wide range of support services for Cloud, Data Science, Digital Infrastructure & Digital Engineering. MBI clients span major industries including HealthCare - LS, BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, Insurance), Government & Digital. MBI Digital has been committed and focused to bring, best-in-class digital technology for our Clients & Prospects.