Roles & responsibilities
- Develop, test and implement software components
- Work closely with teams to turn technical project requirements into functioning code
- Analyse and develop enhancements to applications using leading software principles
- Define and document requirements and develop supportable application solutions to automate business processes
- Collaborate with end-users, business analysts, data analysts and systems analysts to determine features, requirements and solution design
- Document technical specifications and designs
- Adhere to industry standard established design, coding, naming and standards
- Participate in code reviews and apply corrections as required
- Adhere to change control processes
- Write/revise documentation including operations and user guidelines
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex application issues as needed
- 8+ years of proven hands-on experience in data integration, data warehouse, BI solution design, development, and implementation
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in at least one relational data source such as Oracle, SQL Server and Data warehouse MPP applications such Netezza, Teradata, Exadata, Greenplum etc.
- Proven expertise in writing efficient advanced and analytical SQL and Unix shell scripts.
- Extensive knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of data warehousing and data marts
- Expert grasp of data warehouse design techniques including slowly changing dimensions, aggregation, partitioning and indexing strategies.
- Experience working PowerCenter 10.x, Golden Gate Replication and Denodo desirable
- Hands-on experience with source version control, continuous integration and experience with release/change management delivery tools /methodology.
- Experience with multiple software development methodologies, e.g. Agile, iterative, waterfall.
- Experience in uncovering requirements, conceptualizing solutions, and developing a framework for implementation of a data warehouse, data mart, or data web on at least one other project or work assignment
- Possess a thorough understanding of the data, sources of data, and relationships of data
- Experience with data extraction, manipulation, and cleansing tools
- Knowledge of database design, with emphasis on data warehousing, OLAP, star schemas or reporting cubes
- Problem-solving skills and proven record of working well in a team environment
- Advanced proficiency in communication skills (verbal and written) across all organizational levels
- Experience with the complete development lifecycle, from requirements identification through requirements refinement, documentation, test standards development and execution, ELT SQL development, code reviews, and signoff
- Healthcare Insurance experience desirable
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team
MBI Digital is a future-forward, full canvas IT Services & Digital Transformation company. We are SOC 2 certified placing a high value on data integrity, availability, privacy, and security. MBI is ushering in cutting-edge digital transformation for Fortune 1500 clients. Founded in 2010 with roots in data services, we deliver worldwide support for the emerging needs of digital transformation including Cloud Services, Digital Engineering, Infrastructure Automation & Data Science. MBI clients span HealthCare, BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, Insurance) and Government sectors.
MBI is committed to being a trusted partner in bringing best-in-class digital technology solutions for our clients. We have been remote by design, since inception, which enables us to attract and retain highly talented professionals from across North America, and the globe