MBI Digital is looking for a SQL Developer. As a key member of the Software development team, you will be responsible for the delivery of high quality, reliable, sustainable software to satisfy technical designs for the customer solutions. You will be involved in implementing cutting-edge sophisticated data integration, data warehouse and data mart (ELT/ETL) solutions using Netezza, Oracle, Informatica and Denodo.
An ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of the data warehouse architecture, capabilities, system setup, data integration, data modelling concepts. This role is high paced and requires self-discipline to work remotely and meet delivery schedules.
This is a 100% remote opportunity
Roles & responsibilities
- Develop, test and implement software components
- Work closely with teams to turn technical project requirements into functioning code
- Analyse and develop enhancements to applications using leading software principles
- Define and document requirements and develop supportable application solutions to automate business processes
- Collaborate with end-users, business analysts, data analysts and systems analysts to determine features, requirements and solution design
- Document technical specifications and designs
- Adhere to industry standard established design, coding, naming and standards
- Participate in code reviews and apply corrections as required
- Adhere to change control processes
- Write/revise documentation including operations and user guidelines
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex application issues as needed
- 8+ years of proven hands-on experience in data integration, data warehouse, BI solution design, development, and implementation
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in at least one relational data source such as Oracle, SQL Server and Data warehouse MPP applications such Netezza, Teradata, Exadata, Greenplum etc.
- Proven expertise in writing efficient advanced and analytical SQL and Unix shell scripts.
- Extensive knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of data warehousing and data marts
- Expert grasp of data warehouse design techniques including slowly changing dimensions, aggregation, partitioning and indexing strategies.
- Experience working PowerCenter 10.x, Golden Gate Replication and Denodo desirable
- Hands-on experience with source version control, continuous integration and experience with release/change management delivery tools /methodology.
- Experience with multiple software development methodologies, e.g. Agile, iterative, waterfall.
- Experience in uncovering requirements, conceptualizing solutions, and developing a framework for implementation of a data warehouse, data mart, or data web on at least one other project or work assignment
- Possess a thorough understanding of the data, sources of data, and relationships of data
- Experience with data extraction, manipulation, and cleansing tools
- Knowledge of database design, with emphasis on data warehousing, OLAP, star schemas or reporting cubes
- Problem-solving skills and proven record of working well in a team environment
- Advanced proficiency in communication skills (verbal and written) across all organizational levels
- Experience with the complete development lifecycle, from requirements identification through requirements refinement, documentation, test standards development and execution, ELT SQL development, code reviews, and signoff
- Healthcare Insurance experience desirable
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team
MBI Digital is a future-forward, future-ready, full canvas IT Services & Digital Transformation company. We are System and Organization Controls (SOC) 2 Certified Firm.
MBI as the company is ushering in cutting-edge digital transformation for Fortune 1500 clients. MBI Digital was founded in 2010 as a Managed Services firm. HQ in Austin Texas, our 150+ Onshore/Offshore technology consultants, now deliver a wide range of support services for Cloud, Data Science, Digital Infrastructure & Digital Engineering. MBI clients span major industries including HealthCare - LS, BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, Insurance), Government & Digital. MBI Digital has been committed and focused to bring, best-in-class digital technology for our Clients & Prospects.
17th August 2021